It’s the future, and an oppressive government known as “The Administration” has outlawed both science and religion. You play an agent of the resistance, sent out on missions to strike back at the Administration. You’ll start the app, put in your earbuds, and go out for a run or walk. Your handlers — a scientist and a pastor — tell you where to go and why. The problem is, they don’t always agree. You’ll be making choices as to what route to take, and your decisions will determine whether your mission is a success or failure.
You’ll need to go on a run or walk that takes at least 20 minutes. You’ll start and stop in the same location.
Follow these instructions to try out the first mission on the Android alpha:
- On your phone, open Settings.
- Open Security.
- Turn on Unknown sources. This allows you to install apps from places other than the Google Play Store. You can turn off this setting once you have installed the app.
- On your phone, tap on this link: http://sdkbridge.com/cob/cob.apk.
- It will take a minute or so to download. You can check the download status by swiping down from the top of the phone.
- Once downloaded, swipe down from the top of the phone and tap on cob.apk.
- Tap on INSTALL.
- Once it has installed, tap on OPEN.
- Watch the tutorial to learn how to play. You will need an internet connection to play.
- When you start the mission, it will ask if it can get access to your phone’s location. Tap ALLOW.
- Contact me at email@example.com to tell me how it went.
- Once you’ve downloaded the installer cob.apk, if opening it results in opening an app rather than the installer, try installing a free File Manager app like ES File Explorer, and opening it from there. It will be in the Downloads folder.